Vitamin D3 5000
In addition to supporting bone health, vitamin D plays an important role maintaining cardiovascular health and immune function, and promoting an overall sense of well-being.
- Supports Bone Strength and Dental Health
- Supports Modulation of Immune Function
- Supports Healthy Cell Differentiation
- Supports Neurologic and Cognitive Health
- Supports Musculoskeletal Comfort
- Supports Cardiovascular Health and Healthy Blood Sugar Metabolism
- Supports Vitamin D Repletion in Cases of Dietary Deficiency, Limited Sunlight Exposure, or Use of Depleting Therapies
Vitamin D3 5000 is cholecalciferol provided in convenient softgels. In this liquid formula, vitamin D and
sunflower oil are combined using a special micro-emulsification process designed to create a
natural micellized matrix which, when coated by the stomach bile, will encourage absorption.*
While vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is made in the skin when 7-dehydrocholesterol reacts with sunlight, many things affect
the degree to which this biosynthesis occurs, including time of day, seasons, location, smog/pollution, clothing, shade of
skin (darker skin requires more sun), and sunscreen use. Low-cholesterol diets and certain cholesterol therapies can also
affect vitamin D formation. By some estimates, one billion people worldwide have vitamin D deficiency or insufficiency.
Reversing deficiency and maintaining optimal serum vitamin D levels beneficially impacts biochemistry and numerous body
systems; this is largely because calcitriol—the metabolic product of vitamin D—is a secosteroid hormone that targets over
200 genes in a wide variety of tissues. As the research demonstrates, vitamin D is clearly imperative for the development,
growth, and maintenance of a healthy body from gestation to senescence.